Homepage GitHub

Libcanard for UAVCAN/CAN v1 is released

Libcanard v0.100, implementing UAVCAN/CAN v1, is now available:

Key features:

• Full test coverage and static analysis.
  • Partial compliance with automatically enforceable MISRA C rules (compliance report not available).
  • Detailed time complexity and memory requirement models for the benefit of real-time high-integrity applications.
  • Purely reactive API without the need for background servicing.
  • Support for CAN FD.
  • Support for redundant transports.
  • Compatibility with 8/16/32/64-bit platforms.
  • The API operates on contiguous memory buffers instead of scattered linked blocks.
  • Compatibility with extremely resource-constrained baremetal environments starting from ca. 32K ROM, 4…8K RAM.
  • Implemented in less than 1500 logical lines of code.

API stabilization is expected by 2020Q4 or earlier. Starting now, it is expected to be safe to commence a new project reliant on UAVCAN v1.0 based on Libcanard and/or PyUAVCAN. Libuavcan v1 (a major C++11 implementation) and Yukon (the new GUI tool) are expected to become available before the end of 2020.

2 Likes

That’s great news! Congratulations for the awesome work.

I have noticed that the drivers have disappeared, do you plan to move them to a separate repo?

Thanks!

Yeah. I just updated the README to make it clearer. The new place is here:

As of right now, it is quite empty, so please navigate to the branch legacy-v0 – the code there is intended for the old version of the library but the changes necessary for its adaptation for the new Libcanard are quite minimal. I am going to migrate the driver for STM32 and SocketCAN in the short order. Speaking of SocketCAN, it’s going to be available for NuttX soon as well: SocketCAN API on a RTOS.

1 Like