How to buy NXP UAVCAN dev kit - KIT-UCANS32K146

Hi,

I saw that NXP sells a UAVCAN dev kit based on their s32k mcu. I would like to buy the whole kit. The kit can only be purchased with “NXP coupon”. Does anyone know where/how to get that coupon, or can’t someone give it to me?

Or is there some other way how to get whole kit?

Thanks

Because there are two security components on one board this is subject to a problematic US customs issue requiring a new classification code. (Introduced by the previous administration) This will take a year to get. It only effects being able to ship out of the USA. This impacts thousands of items. It can ship anywhere else, just not out of the USA without the new classification number.

As a result distributors don’t carry it stock at the moment. Distributors will show it as no-stock, but NXP has stock at their warehouses.
So you order the kit from any distributor and they will process the order. It should add 3-7 days to the order delivery time.

Thanks for the explanation. But I can’t find any distributor of the whole kit (including the debugger) anywhere on the internet. There is no one on the NXP website either. Only one single module.

Update 2022:
I would like to note that there is a new UCANS32K1SIC board that is an evolution of the UCANS32K146 board but with the “SIC” Signal Improvement CAN phys. These PHYs are include the capability to actively dampen ringing during the CAN signal transitions. This not only improved the signal characteristics, which has been demonstrated to operate up to 8MBPS, it also facilitates the implementation of a star topology instead of daisy chain. This may be of great advantage is a small vehicle such as a drone or rover.

For more information on the TJA1463 Secure CAN Phy:

Teaser: Later this year there will also be a version of this board called UCANS32K1SCT - which implements the Secure CAN phy from NXP also.

1 Like